95 GTX Trouble shooting HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC87SS

Last weekend i was out of town and my daughter calls me and asks if i left the key in the ski.
I told her yes i always do as they are in my fenced in back yard with 2 dogs.
She then told me she was in the house and heard the ski running so she went out back and sure enough it was. She shut it off but said it had been running for 3 to 5 mins before she realized what the noise was.
Did a neighborhood kid sneak into the yard and hit the start button? Could something have shorted and caused it to start?
I had just charged the battery and ran it a couple days before this happened so i am sure it wouldn't take much for it to start but i am pretty sure the choke would have needed to be pulled to start it.

So today is the 1st time i had a chance to look at it.
The battery is fully charged, i can turn the motor by hand so its not seized up thankfully.
When i try to start it i get nothing. No click no flashing lights, nothing.
I tested the switch and the key with a tester and they are both working as they should.

Where do i go from here?

What could the ski running that long have done to any of the electrical components?

Please help, i need my first ride of the season fix!

That is totally odd. You might have a short somewhere but if the key is off the post it shouldnt be an issue.

Pulled the electrical box to where i could get inside of it.
Both fuses are good and nothing looks melted or burnt.
When i jump the solenoid the engine cranks. That rules out the starter & battery.
Still not getting any lights when i hit the start button.
Does this sound like the MPEM is bad?
Is there anything else that could cause this?

Last edited by a moderator:
As it turned out it was the start button had shorted. I had tried to jump the switch by using a wire with pins on each end to poke thru the wire casing. The problem was the button was a dead short, once i cut the wires and i tap them together together it starts and runs fine.
New switch is on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back