95 GTX carb adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judd Racing

On top of enerything else, the carbs are goofed up on my 95. The ski has no power down low, but runs fine at higher RPM. It seems rich. I was able to adjust the low speed mixture in and got it a little better, but I'm a little lost. It is 3/8 out on the high and 1 1/2 (now 1 1/8) on the low. On my other 95 (which runs great) the high is bottomed out and the low is out 2 1/2. I just rebuilt the carbs and didn't see anything obvious. What's a good starting point?

Ok, I got it in the water and set it up like my other boat and it was terrible! I messed with it for over an hour and couldn't get it to respond well out of the hole. I think I have another problem. The fuel selector is already bypassed and the fuel vent is right. From looking at other posts, I'm going to replace the grey lines, replace the fuel filter again, and check the syncronization of the carbs. Anything else to check?

yup... get rid of the grey's ... have you rebuilt the carbs???? there is a filter IN the carb thats catches all the crap from the fuel lines when it clog's your ski will NOT run right... also you could pick up a new selector valve for around $25... thats what i did...mine was bypassed when i bought it... but it is a good feature to have

From the many posts i see, you should now start with the compression, clean the water/fuel filter, mark the oil tank to be sure the pump is working - pull the cable when it is running a short run cycle on the trailer to get the insects mad at you, then take a small cloth dipped in kerosene and wrap the roary valve cover and crankcase seams to locate an air leak, pressure test your fuel system to 3 lbs and fix the stuff that remains goofed up.

I checked the compression and it's good. There was a little crud in the water seperator, but very little. The carbs were a little out of sync. It took about 3 turns on the adjustment to get it to line up. I put the fuel lines on last night. I got a manual and checked the carbs with a vacuum pump and everything looks good. I'm going to try to make a test run tomorrow night.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back