95 900 zxi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneT

New to me !!! :)
Has a slight miss at about 5500 rpm! It is a one owner and he thinks it needs plugs !
Any help would be great !!! :)
I love my 96 GSX but this was a great deal that i could not pass up !!! lol

95 Kaw 900 zxi.jpg

I don't know but for $5.00 it's certainly worth a try, you could also try trimming the plug wires back about 1/4", pretty sure it's the same as a Seadoo, unscrew the ends cut back about 1/4" screw the end caps back on.

Lou

I'm with Lou.. Plugs are cheap.. Just make sure you get the correct ones, resister vs non-resister make a difference as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up what is called for in this ski by Kaw BR9ES

Thank you both ! I'm going to work on this this morning since i have to order more parts for my GSX.
I was wanting to take them both out on saturday but that is not going to happen now! :(

I replaced the plugs and got a new battery in it!! I did trim the plug wires too!!!! It hauls butt !!! It does seem to idle low and it seems to load up the carb/ carbs after it sets at idle !!! When it does that it almost kills the engine when you try to take off again!!!!
Any suggestions where to start at on this problem ?

I know a lot of manufacturers used the grey fuel lines, I had an older Merc. outboard that had them. Does the Kawa have them? Regardless it sounds like a fuel delivery problem, check and make sure fuel filters are clean, I believe the Kawa's used Mikuni Carbs., (some also use Klien carbs.) so they should be similar to Seadoo.

Lou

Well an update !!! I have this ski hauling butt now !!! It purrs like a kitten but now i'm looking on what to do to make it faster !
It is all factory and runs fine. The little speed wheel is broken so i'm not sure on how fast it runs!
I am just looking to see what i can do to get more speed now!!!!!

Best bet on the zxi is to get a new prop and mill head down for 170ish psi for 93 octane. Other than that you will get into serous money to pull more power out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back