94 xp runs but stopped

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

i2fast4u89

Hey guys, last year my 94 xp took on some water and we drained it and let it sit over winter. Well today me and a friend pulled it out and drained all the gas from the tank and filled it up with fresh gas and new plugs. We got it to start finally and it ran great but smoked alot. Responded great to throttle and everything. Had it running for a minute and then it just turns off. Now when we try to start it, it just clicks. So we turned the crank back a little by hand then tryed again. It turns over till it gets to a certain spot then locks up. What do you guys think. It had oil in the oil tank also so that should be good. Any ideas?

It probably had water in the engine, and the bearings rusted. Once started, the bearings eat them selves.

Take the plugs out, and see if you can rotate the engine by hand, though one full rotation, or if it looks up somewhere.

it locks up in one spot. but you can turn it back and then it turns back over to that same spot and stops. I am going to unhook the propulsion system and see if it is that or the motor that is locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back