94 SP: Starting fine, but stop buttons not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird one. The ski won't start without the lanyard attached, nor will it start with the stop button pressed (starter doesn't turn over in either case). Ski starts and runs, but once it is started the lanyard and stop button have no effect. I currently have to stop it with the choke knob. All of the other posts about the stop button problems keep it from starting in the first place.

I'm going through the wiring, and it all seems fine. I have another identical ski to compare it to, and the wiring colors are slightly different. Maybe someone replaced the MPEM at some point? Either way, that was no help.

Any ideas? It just doesn't seem very safe to let me kids ride it - my 23 year old son has already fallen off the other one

-rj

I had that happen to my tractor once. Started great and wouldn't shut off. :) It was back feeding through the start stop switch switch. I'm not advocating this is the issue with yours but you might try unplugging the switch wiring while it is running to see what happens. I think it will keep running though. Good luck !!

I know some of the early ones the lanyard was wired the opposite of the new ones with it normally closed instead of normally open or something like that.

@Matt Braley do you remember what the details on the early one was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back