92 SP 580 cuts out.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcquiggan

I have a 92 SP that has an intermittant cut out problem. It usually cuts out after riding at full throttle for about 5 to 15 minutes. It is as if the safety lanyard had been pulled off. No coughing just stops dead. Will usually restart immediately and run OK again for 5 to 15 minutes before the engine cuts out again.
I changed the plugs for new ones and also cut back the wires by .25 inch to get a clean wire. It has a brand new safety switch because the plastic housing broke on the original. The fuel lines are the black rubber type.
Compression is 135 and 129 dry.

Turn the fuel selector to reserve and try it. If it runs good and doesn't cut off, then clean or replace the selector valve. :cheers:

92 SP cuts out

I took selector fuel switch apart and it was clean, also took the fuel filter out and checked it. Also nice and clean.

Sea Doo SP 92 cuts out.

The Sea Doo is usually difficult to start. But if I take the plugs out and than check for a spark on each one then put them back it starts straight away????

The Sea Doo is usually difficult to start. But if I take the plugs out and than check for a spark on each one then put them back it starts straight away????

When you say difficult to start, do you mean that you have to choke it in order for it to start?

Have you clipped the plug wires back about 1/4 inch to get a fresh carbon connection?

92 SP 580 cuts out

By difficult to start I mean that you have to try the starter for a long tome with the throttle open or and the choke out or in. However if I remove the plugs and check if they have fuel on them or if the spark is OK then when I put them back in it starts immediately.

Have you gone through the carb. The internal filter could be clogged, or the fuel selector valve partially blocked.
Have you tried running on reserve?
I would clean the carb really good and clean the internal filter. Then clean, replace or bypass the fuel selector valve and see what happens.

Also just as a precaution I would check all the connections going to that new safety switch just to make sure that nothing has worked its way loose.

Checked carb -clean

I removed the carb and checked for blockages but the carb was spotless and the filter was clean. Sea Doo is very difficult to start but once it starts it runs fine but leave it for a few minutes and it won't start. I removed plugs and checked for a spark which seemed to be OK. So I have been completely through the fuel system and found everything to be spotless, it has new battery and spark plugs but is very difficult to start but once it starts it will restart with no problem. Do I have a weak ignition system that will no work under compression or a bad ECU.

SP cuts out

Yes I have a manual .Do not have a primer kit?
However the RV clearence being too large could cause hard starting but would it cause the sea doo to cut out and then restart without any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back