92 GTS wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 92 gts wont start unless I dump fuel directly into the carburetor. Compressions good and spark is strong so I'm at a loss now. I'm sure it's a fuel related problem but don't really know what I'm doing.

well...... if you dump fuel directly into the carb, and it starts.... don't you think that would be a fuel issue?

Anyway... clean the fuel system, and rebuild the carb. Should be fine after that.

Pretty common on the older models. The rubber hose rots and falls off. You need to replace with fuel resistant hose, not just standard fuel line and make sure the check valves work in the screen filters.

These were also sitting at the bottom of the gas tank They don't seem to let air in or out so I'm assuming they're clogged up?15296053694376358677954877544013.jpg

One is a couple inches shorter and is the "ON" the one going to the bottom is your Reserve. I think the one circled is the return so no.

Welp... I replaced the filters and the fuel lines in the gas tank but no go...it still wont start. Carburetor and fuel pump rebuild next I guess.

You have an air leak if it isn't pulling fuel so the strainer and selector are next. Also just because the carb "looks clean" doesn't mean it is working correctly.

Also when rebuilding the carb I noticed the high speed adjustment screw had a little divot at the tip all the way around...1529791859743715471603358574975.jpg I'm thinking this isn't good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back