91 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbthor14

anything i could do to a 91 xp 585 to make it a lil more free flowin? ive got a k&n filter on it. or any other good mods? im lookin for both handlin and engine performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
keep surfing ebay. one guy keeps listing an intake that takes a single 44mm carb. performance exhausts show up about once a week. aftermarket heads also. nobody is trying to make 580's go fast, so you will be the only bidder. do some homework on rotary valves. go up to a 147 or 159 degree valve. the yellow motor used a 132 degree valve. bigger impeller. from say any 780 motor ski.

i say swap it out for a 657 or a 720 if u can.. thats what i want to do to my ol sp.. and if it was fessable i want to do a 951 swap into it .... thatd be sweet

787 and worse yet 951 is not feasable. you would need to replace the inner hull where the mounts go. and cut a bigger hole in the back for the bigger pump. a 720 is just about a straight bolt-in swap. buy the correct exhaust. buy the correct throttle and choke cables. set the ign timing to 21 degrees. then let 'er rip. now you need to start experimenting with impeller pitch. never mind, you have a yellow motor. you would have to re-wire the whole ski. get the hull underneath slick and clean. bondo up the holes for the mounting screws for the ride plate and intake grate. go with a 720 impeller. it will be a little slower out of the hole, but you will get a bit of top speed.

787 and worse yet 951 is not feasable. you would need to replace the inner hull where the mounts go. and cut a bigger hole in the back for the bigger pump. a 720 is just about a straight bolt-in swap. buy the correct exhaust. buy the correct throttle and choke cables. set the ign timing to 21 degrees. then let 'er rip. now you need to start experimenting with impeller pitch. never mind, you have a yellow motor. you would have to re-wire the whole ski. get the hull underneath slick and clean. bondo up the holes for the mounting screws for the ride plate and intake grate. go with a 720 impeller. it will be a little slower out of the hole, but you will get a bit of top speed.

so your saying a 720 swap in place of the 587 in my sp is a simple swap??

if your ski has a white motor it is simple. if it has a yellow motor it is next to impossible. the motor will bolt right in, but you would have to take the entire electrical system out of a 93 and newer ski. the ignition and charging system in your ski is 88 to mid-92 only. and will not fit on a newer motor.

well i must be in luck.. i have a white motor 587 in my 92 sp.. oooh now its time to start looking for a motor....hahahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back