787 Lost compression on rear cyl. Can't see anything wrong with heads off. Please Hel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not fatten it up very slightly to start if I'm concerned lean is what's been killing it?

I don't think the detonation would get anywhere near hot enough to touch the cast iron, just enough to melt the aluminum, but I'm no combustion expert. I guess the original cause of the pitting could have scuffed the cylinder though, or maybe the aftereffects of the ring damage. I still have the ball hone so I will check it out when I tear it down again. I will also go through the carbs and re-bleed the oil pump.

Yeah, I wasn't looking for the SeaFoam to be a magic fix or anything, just a little extra insurance incase something was starting to gunk up somewhere non-obvious in the system. I'm not too concerned that it would make anything worse.

I might be buying a new boat Thursday so at this point I just want to get the thing running, make sure it's not going to blow up again on the next guy right away, and sell it.

And yes, that's Killy (Short for Killian). She's 50% pit (American Staffordshire Terrior), 25% Chow, and some other stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back