787 Ignition coil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Restoring a 96' GSX It has sat for 15 yrs it only has 173 hrs
Tried cranking last night all went well but no spark
Have a couple of pictures of me checking the coil.
Could someone look at them and see if i am at the right spot on the meter and is the coil bad by what we are seeing ?
Thanks to any help and this fourm has been a huge help through out this restro.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByWdK1s3j8ivMHRKdW4zcjNZR1U/view

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok your battery, how many ground wires do you have? If the gsx is like the XP you should have 2.

Yes, the GSX is the XP with a second seat
The photo is where i pulled the black and white spades off the coil to isolate the coil and test for resistance. Per Seadoo Manual
My elct. knowledge is weak at best.
What i am asking is;
Is the meter set to the corect setting (ohms) and does this reading look like a bad coil because the book calls for it to read .38 - .63 (from memory) and i am way high of that so is this a realistic number of a bad coil?
Thanks for any help

I asked how many wires are on the battery ground. If you're missing the little one it will crank all day with no spark.

Not in front of my pc so I can't check the coil test procedure.

When I went to your link it was just a video. No pictures.

Yes its hooked up but sure about inside the box if its broken or not
Sorry about picture
It shows meter at lowest setting of ohms and a reading of 1.5 -1.6
I am thinking its a true reading because all the other omh settimgs showed 0.0

787 Ignition Coil Test procedure:

19.jpg

Ok have went thru all the grounds.
The one one the rear elct. box was blueish black. Instead of copper color so replaced with 1 size larger.
I am now getting a constant light (as opposed to ramdom every third time or seventh or when it felt the whim) at the white line to coil but light seems weak, is their a
voltage # that it has to be at?
Just checked it and it jumped 9, 12, 10, but thats me trying to hold it all together a turn it over at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back