720 sportster high speed shut off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatnik

Was going at WOT , while suddenly one engine died and it immediately turned to the side. Could not crank the engine. Removed plugs and can crank it, but when they are on it barely moves.

What's your best guess, something got into impeller ( raised the back of the boat , and did not saw anything), or the engine seized (its 1hr after rebuild). The other engine was also hard to crank in the morning but now it's good.

Was going at WOT , while suddenly one engine died and it immediately turned to the side. Could not crank the engine. Removed plugs and can crank it, but when they are on it barely moves.

What's your best guess, something got into impeller ( raised the back of the boat , and did not saw anything), or the engine seized (its 1hr after rebuild). The other engine was also hard to crank in the morning but now it's good.
I only have a single... if you can't turn it over with the starter even with plugs out, its either you have something that has locked up the pump (PTO/impeller) OR somehow you've detonated the bottom end.

I recently sucked up a stupid tube handle... locked my motor right up, couldn't access it via grate... needed to pull the pump out and it wrecked my impeller as well

Maube both engines sucked up the same debris?,,,pull the plugs,,,can you smoothly rotate the cylinders by hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back