720 Mods

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyderacing1

I have a 3 seater (gti) and want some more oomph out of my motor. 2 performance kits have caught my eye. The ppg stage one and the Group K Sleeper kit. Anyone have any experience with these? I just don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks,
Jake

Riva....

Riva is also a very well known source for high performance parts. They are widely used in the racing circuit.

When an engine mod is not feasible, then I'd recommend a mod to the pump. Wedges and extension kits will also increase performance without lowering the life expectancy of your engine. You can check out pump mods by following the RIVA link......... http://www.rivayamaha.com/instructions.asp

Remember, anytime you mod out an engine, you lower the life span. The modifications usually change air and fuel flow to higher rates which in turn adds to the stress on the engine.

There are several mods that make these changes in incremental amounts that have minimal impact on the stress of the engine. I believe GroupK is one of these distributers that take that into consideration.

So, research well and choose wisely, unless you have a big wallet for engine rebuilding.............:cheers:

Sell that 720, and use the bucks for a 951=130hp. 720=85 w/mods maybe 92hp
get a swirl prop + a worx wr708 grate. Zinggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

yessir. i'm looking at the 98 xp limited. How much do you suppose i could sell the 96 gti for without a trailer?

Jake

Bill...thats all that needs done, switch motors, ummm ..."PROP", and grate!!!
COOL...no electrical, who woud've known.

Well i'm not so interested in swapping the motors, im thinking about getting a whole new seadoo. i think the lighter XP hull will handle, have less drag than the gti.

Jake

Price...?

It's really not going to be much. Depending on the condition. If it's in pristine condition, you'd be lucky to hit $1200 to $1500. With the market down low, it would be a hard sale. I just went and looked at a 97 GTX and it's resale under Kelly's blue book wasn't but $2600. That was of course, in showroom condition with a trailer. It also has the bigger 787cc engine verses the 717.

But the idea of the XP limited will do what you want out of a ski, as far as pulling tubes etc....

I don't like the idea of the pulling engines from this one and putting it in that one.....that's fine for someone wanting to mod out for racing, who has the big bucks to do that with....but like you pretty much said, why switch the stuff when you can just buy one.

In my wallet, zinnngggggg, usually equals chachingggggggg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back