717 came with a beach lol

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

I'm in Florida so I know they are run in Salt water mostly but this is nuts.... snapped 3 bolts ( took 3 days and I think I'm lucky ) getting head off but everything else came apart easy. The mag housing snapped 4 bolt but got 3 out and last one will need to be drilled. First 717 I'm working on and compared to 951 and 787 are simpler except for timing which I hope will be correct once done. Just venting for now but im sure I'll need expert advice in need future :) Flush your motors!

Attachments

• 20201204_163825.jpg
    20201204_163825.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 91
  • 20201204_201030.jpg
    20201204_201030.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20201204_201035.jpg
    20201204_201035.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20201205_105933.jpg
    20201205_105933.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 92
Lol, that's bad. And to add insult to injury, that's an sbt engine. The silver for on the head cover is the overheat sticker. So, someone paint for that engine and still didn't learn from the first engine. Geez

The ones that don't move at all are at least honest. It's those sneaky little bastards that make you think they are unscrewing and then just snap right off.

All I can think when looking at that is "well there's your problem!".

I stick with Miki's advice to walk the ski out to deeper water and use the rear seat handle to submerge the back end several times to clear sand before starting.

Not to mention in CO they require you to flush the ski before you can exit the park. I've had to do battle with them a couple times when one of my skis had stopped running for one reason or another and they don't believe the ski was inop. Not sure what they think my master plan is here, but presumably they have come across some diabolic people trying to transfer microbes from one lake to another

I hate parking on the beach but the way the bottom of the lake is here any of the anchor types I've tried let go pretty quick. And the regulations don't allow you to tie off on anything on shore that isn't a dock

So to add to the OP's thoughts. If your gonna park on the beach do everything you can to avoid the damage in the pics above, although I imagine most people reading this are privy to that thought process cuz they cared enough about their ski's to get on this forum

They have a Seadoo Corrosion spray that they recommend and it is a good idea to give them a hose down when you are done riding for the weekend. Everything corrodes in my area. The humidity is always high but the brackish and salt water can weld shite together quickly. :) Some skis are flat out junk but they run... you'll never get them apart to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back