5 amp keeps blowing on mpem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fern

Im new to this Can I get some help on my 94 SeaDoo SPX as soon as battery is connected 5 amp fuse keeps blowing on the mpem and I remove the yellow and tested and it blow then the red and yellow on the redrectifier and it's still blowing ?

Im new to this Can I get some help on my 94 SeaDoo SPX as soon as battery is connected 5 amp fuse keeps blowing on the mpem and I remove the yellow and tested and it blow then the red and yellow on the redrectifier and it's still blowing ?

I'm afraid your MPEM is fried, happens when the ski is jump started. Your options are to acquire another one or dig through the potting on the board and repair it. Some have been successful at replacing a diode on the board that popped. The bad diode on the MPEM board can cause a direct short and blow the fuse.

There's vendor's that can help you get a MPEM like https://www.westsidepowersports.com/ or OSD Marine or ebay.

Thanks GGuillo ill look in to that one more question would I have to get the dess program if I got a new mpem then

There are so many HX posts floating around right now that I’m getting mixed up... Sorry about the out of place information!

So I got the mpem and it fired right up but it idles high RPM is there a judgment for that? Or should I take it to get tuned

How high is it idling? You can turn the idle screw out to bring it down, if it doesn't come down you may have a vacuum leak somewhere.

I can't really say has no gauges the only thing ne it has is the gas gauge

its if you had the throttle about half way

I can't really say has no gauges the only thing ne it has is the gas gauge

its if you had the throttle about half way

Normal to see about 3000 RPM out the water, in the water it'll drop in half to about 1500. You could buy a small cheap tach to check it, some people do on skis that don't have a tach. Or you could just put it in the water see how it holds an idle and putts along.

Normal to see about 3000 RPM out the water, in the water it'll drop in half to about 1500. You could buy a small cheap tach to check it, some people do on skis that don't have a tach. Or you could just put it in the water see how it holds an idle and putts along.

I could try and make a video, my (Insert the cursed non-seadoo) idles 3000 out of water 2000-2500 on hose and 1500 on water. Best bet would be to take the ramp on a slow day and tune it from there.

So I fired it up today idles High then it started to go down but I had the air filter cover off was running fine sounded really good then I turned it off then i put the cover back on and idle was high again and stayed High so I took it off again and idle went back down but as soon as I hit the throttle it went up and stayed up any ideas turn it?

Any recent work on it? carb work off the ski? You may have a vacuum leak if the idle is having a difficult time coming down. Did you try to adjust it? How is it under load in the water? Try to attach a video so others on here can get an opinion since you don't have a tach on it to tell what the RPM is. 3000 RPM is fairly high but normal out the water...a video will tell if it's much higher since 3K RPM what most of us are used to hearing.

Blipping the throttle and it hangs and doesn't drop quickly after you've tried to adjust the idle down is typically a vacuum leak. Bad seal at the carb, pto seal, etc.

Any recent work on it? carb work off the ski? You may have a vacuum leak if the idle is having a difficult time coming down. Did you try to adjust it? How is it under load in the water? Try to attach a video so others on here can get an opinion since you don't have a tach on it to tell what the RPM is. 3000 RPM is fairly high but normal out the water...a video will tell if it's much higher since 3K RPM what most of us are used to hearing.

Blipping the throttle and it hangs and doesn't drop quickly after you've tried to adjust the idle down is typically a vacuum leak. Bad seal at the carb, pto seal, etc.

So I adjusted the idle and it sounds good and I hit the throttle and title came back down but I also take a video of it and I can't seem to post it is there a certain way to do that on here

So I adjusted the idle and it sounds good and I hit the throttle and title came back down but I also take a video of it and I can't seem to post it is there a certain way to do that on here
Take it on the water and see how it feels, from how you've explained it, it sounds good.

Also just post youtube link

Will do going this Sunday

One more question what do you recommend for oil it has oil in it rightnow dont know what tape it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back