1999 Sea Doo GSX 5A MPEM keeps blowing, even after new MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

b12soccer

Hello,

Recently had an issue over the weekend where the 5A MPEM fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and kept blowing. All I get is 2 beeps then the fuse goes.

Ordered a new MPEM and I’m getting the same issue. Anyone ever have this issue?

Hello,

Recently had an issue over the weekend where the 5A MPEM fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and kept blowing. All I get is 2 beeps then the fuse goes.

Not sure it’s a match, but my in my 97, the VTS would cause a blown fuse very frequently.

Hello,

I had this very problem. Disconnect the battery. Remove the five amp fuse. Check to see if you have ground on one side of the terminal of the two terminals for the fuse holder. If there’s no continuity to ground, then your MPEM should be OK. If not, you have a bad diode. The signal wire going to the starter solenoid relay could be shorted to ground. Disconnect the plug going to the starter relay. Check for continuity between the two pens on the starter relay. They should be about five ohms resistance. Anything under five ohms can cause a short to ground and pop at 5amp fuse. I don’t have a vts system on mine, but I also heard that can cause a five amp fuse pot to pop. If you isolate the relay by disconnecting that plug and you isolate the VTS system by disconnecting that plug And your fuses don’t pop. Then you know it’s one of the two.

Back