4tec stator replacement procedure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

argosy

New here, sure this have been asked before but I couldnt find it.
What is the easier way to replace Stator?? on 2014 gtx 155
Pump out? engine out? any way to move driveshaft out without? any caution needed?
Thanks in advance, don't have time for mistake, going away Saturday AM

you have to pull the pump, then the drive shaft no mater what. On some rides once you get that and all the hoses off at the rear, you might get the PTO housing off, on others pull the motor.

My preference would be to pull the motor, you can suck all day to remove the oil from case and you still loose 1/2 quart when you remove the PTO housing.

Note, the PTO housing has to be unbolted _after_ the coolant pump housing is removed, couple of bolts under it. Also, PTO housing has a gazillion bolts holding it, 1/2 you won't see while in boat so out of boat far easier first time.

Also there's several washers on the bendix that can fall off without the pto cover and/or fall off when you remove the cover. They have to stay in order. When going back on, cover will pretty much seat against the gasket with no effort, if it's sitting out, don't bolt it in, either the bendix or oil pump shaft isn't lined up right. Lastly if you have to pull flywheel, you have to replace the 6 bolts, stretch fit jobs and you don't want to loose a flywheel at 8000rpm

Thanks Greg,
Already out, and it sucked big time. Motor is in, had to unbolt rear two mounts to clear PTO cover. Do you guys use any sealant on the gasket at all? I notice there wasnt any.
Thanks

Forgot rear mounts had to come off :)
They don't call for any. If you do, keep it super thin. I didn't on last 2 motors and no drips, just 4 tiny spots of black rtv to make sure gasket stayed put during assembly. If I were to use something my preference would be Permatex Spray but then for sure old gasket would be a mess if you had to take it off again.

Beat you to it again Greg
Lets say it's been a long day. Did use tin coat of permatex. Its charging fine now.
I do have another puzzle, TOPS switch orientation. Jetski came without it, had code p1505 and p1506, I got new one, plug it in, now I only have p1505, however I have no idea how that thing should be mounted, maybe is upside down. Picture would really help. If nothing, I'll stop by dealer tomorrow, look under the seat on one.
Thanks Greg,
Miran

Beat you to it again Greg
Lets say it's been a long day. Did use tin coat of permatex. Its charging fine now.
I do have another puzzle, TOPS switch orientation. Jetski came without it, had code p1505 and p1506, I got new one, plug it in, now I only have p1505, however I have no idea how that thing should be mounted, maybe is upside down. Picture would really help. If nothing, I'll stop by dealer tomorrow, look under the seat on one.
Thanks Greg,
Miran
Wire from the switch points down, but I think you have another problem. Look at the diagnostic here, maybe it will help you

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    239.9 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back