4 -Tec Engine clicking still. Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OFD25

Hey guys I am new to this forum and have some questions about a 4- tec im trying to get back up and running. I bought it as is with the engine clicking. I replaced the starter solenoid and also the ground wire. And the clicking is still there, someone mentioned it’s probably my starter. But the starter is basically under the hole engine, any tricks on removing the starter without taking a part half the engine.

Also the ski has a steering problem, the handle bars then self won’t move the jet at all, but if I move the jet to the left by hand the bars will move, but won’t work when I do it to the right. Everything seems to be attached.

Thank you

sounds like the cable is broken for the steering.
Did you try jumping the solenoid to see if the start spins? Just because you replaced the solenoid doesn't mean it is getting good power from the signal side

sounds like the cable is broken for the steering.
Did you try jumping the solenoid to see if the start spins? Just because you replaced the solenoid doesn't mean it is getting good power from the signal side

I tried to jump the solenoid, but it sparked pretty bad so I didn’t try it again, when I do jump it what is suppose to happen? Is there anything else that could cause the clicking?

If you jump the solenoid it will spark a decent spark, if you make good contact when it sparks the starter should spin the engine over. If you are jumping it and it is sparking with no engine turning over it sounds like the starter is the culprit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back