3D

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparisons?....

Well, this is kinda what I was waiting on. Someone who had one that didn't have the inherit "lean" problem.

This is what I've found out so far. The 2004 and 05 models both use the 787 engines with a large hub impeller. This same impeller can be found on the GTI. These are the 3D's with the leaning problem.

The 2006 and 2007 models are running the 947 engines with a large hub impeller that seems (by part number) to be exclusive to that model. No other application for it was found.

While all 4 of the 3D models have basically the same dimensions in height, width and weight (+/- a few pounds), the pitch of the impeller is different.

The 947 models are using a 15/21 pitch and from what I could find on the 787 models, they use the 10/16.

With the 10/16 pitch, I think in theory, this is providing a higher amount of force, like a gyro, that is throwing the balance of the ski off. If someone was willing to try or if we can get someone in the forum who has changed the impeller already to a different pitch, ........I'd like to know if they felt any difference.............to be continued.

Well, this is kinda what I was waiting on. Someone who had one that didn't have the inherit "lean" problem.

This is what I've found out so far. The 2004 and 05 models both use the 787 engines with a large hub impeller. This same impeller can be found on the GTI. These are the 3D's with the leaning problem.

The 2006 and 2007 models are running the 947 engines with a large hub impeller that seems (by part number) to be exclusive to that model. No other application for it was found.

While all 4 of the 3D models have basically the same dimensions in height, width and weight (+/- a few pounds), the pitch of the impeller is different.

The 947 models are using a 15/21 pitch and from what I could find on the 787 models, they use the 10/16.

With the 10/16 pitch, I think in theory, this is providing a higher amount of force, like a gyro, that is throwing the balance of the ski off. If someone was willing to try or if we can get someone in the forum who has changed the impeller already to a different pitch, ........I'd like to know if they felt any difference.............to be continued.

Does Solas Make a impeller. Will a 15/21 stock impeller work on a '04 787 3-d. Let me know. I'm willing to do the experiment. I own a Motorcycle shop and we work on PWC here. My 04 does lean. i have access to all the parts. I'm more of the Money guy not the mechanical type even though I can do it I tend to leave that to my technicians and the techs here don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back