3D- Cooling - Anti-Rollover Bypass Hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRockSA

2005 SeaDoo 3D Basic -

I have an overheating problem and am going through the cooling hoses cleaning them out and making sure they are clear.
I'm doing a combination of
  • removal,
  • checking for cracks,
  • flushing with water and light cleaner &
  • blowing air into the hoses as well as the valves.

When I got to the Anti-Rollover Hose the top valve was blocked (indicated in graphic) the water flow is indicated as coming from that valve and into the lower one on the tuned pipe, but when I removed the valve there was a load of crud in the valve and the opening, which I cleaned out.

3D Cooling Anti Rollover hose.jpg

If I blow air into the bottom valve it flows freely within the tuned pipe, (as do all the other hoses and valves), yet when doing the same with the top valve it doesn't flow at all - is there a one-way valve on the inside and the flow is not supposed to go backward or is this indication of a blockage and possibly my overheating problem??

Also all my riding is done in salt water and I think that the crud I removed was a combination of fine sand and caked up salt - any ideas as to what may be best to dissolve this away on the inside of the tuned pipe - I read someone say that a service outlet they used had a specific formula or mixture (not just warm water).

Thanks for any help or advice

Attachments

• 3D Cooling Anti Rollover hose.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 31
    232.9 KB · Views: 24
    232.9 KB · Views: 22
    232.9 KB · Views: 24
    232.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that, but the traffic in the 3D forum is so slow, I hardly look here.

Anyway... as far as I know, there isn't a one way valve in the cooling system. If there was, it would be an instant plug point.

If you have salt crud you want to clean away.... you can use a product called salt away. but it wont reverse salt corrosion, and it wont dissolve sand. If you are riding in sandy waters.., its common to get an almost solid layer of sand in the engine, and that will cause it to overheat. But the only way to get it out, is to get in there... break it up... and suck it out. At the minimum, that requires a partial disassembly if the engine and exhaust.

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to the know the outcome.

I'm in the same position, i've found this port to be the only one i can't blow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back