260hp S/C rebuild Turbine impeller will not fit in housing 1-2mm over size

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

russ22

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have another problem with re-building my seadoo 260hp supercharge. The turbine impeller does not fit into the S/C housing, I don’t know if I have the correct turbine impeller.

Before I go into the details, I feel I should give you some back ground of where I got this supercharger from.

I bought a seadoo GTX 260hp is LTD from an auction (REPO), the motor had been completely pulled apart, everything was there except for the crank case.

The 260hp supercharger housing had been split, the 2 halves were held together very loose bolts.

The turbine impeller was fitted to the shaft but the nut was loose.

I have rebuilt the S/C with a new SBT S/C kit.

When I pulled the S/C apart I notice that the housing had some damage, which indicated that a bearing had failed (see photo)

I rebuilt the S/C had everything torqued up including the impeller, checked the slippage which was correct was correct and then tried to bolt the housing together. The housing would not come together, the turbine impeller is about 1-2mm in dia too big to go inside the housing inlet side. I measured the impeller and housing Diameter see Photos (260 dia case No1) & (260 Dia impeller No2) the housing is 64.27mm Dia and the impeller is 65.84mm Dia.

I have looked at the impeller there is no major damage that I can see would cause this. It is possible that the previses owner replaced the impeller with the incorrect impeller but I cannot find any info in the service manual how to check impeller wear or specs.

I have been told that the 260 S/C and the 215 S/C have different turbine impellers is this correct.

I also have a working 215hp S/C (see photos attached) I took the inlet side housing of that S/C and tried to see if that would fit but same problem the impeller was to big.

Can someone give me advice on what the problem could be

I have attached photos of my 260hp S/C and the 215hp S/C

Attachments

• 260hp case.jpg
    260hp case.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 7
  • 260hp Impeller Dia No2.jpg
    260hp Impeller Dia No2.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 260hp turbine No1.jpg
    260hp turbine No1.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 7