240EFI ECU harness

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tim75

I have recently had intermittent issues with spark and injectors.

Problem has been traced to corroded ECU connector where it joins the engine harness.

Does anyone have an ECU that has been tested and declared dead that has a good harness?

I considered buying a used ECU, but was told by BrucatoPower that ECUs vary by horsepower and would need to find an ECU exactly for my engine. Or buy one of theirs for about $1600.

240 EFI, 2000 year.

Hello Tim75...where did you find corroded ECU connector. Was it one of the connectors to the ECU. Or somewhere else. I ask because I have a similar problem. Engine was running fine cranked and ran easy. Then one day I tried to start it did not start. I then pulled the intake off to check for fuel from the injectors it was spring fine. Put it back together no more fuel from the injectors. I am confident that I have loose or bad connection somewhere.

Hello Tim75...where did you find corroded ECU connector. Was it one of the connectors to the ECU. Or somewhere else. I ask because I have a similar problem. Engine was running fine cranked and ran easy. Then one day I tried to start it did not start. I then pulled the intake off to check for fuel from the injectors it was spring fine. Put it back together no more fuel from the injectors. I am confident that I have loose or bad connection somewhere.
The 16 pin connector from the ecm is where I had problems.
Always check the emergency kill for no-start.
Check injector harness- starboard, down low, round, 3/4” diameter.

Last edited:
Back