240 EFI Sportjet engine replacement write up.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhryder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey,
Need to replace my 2001 240 EFI Sportjet engine. Am going to do it myself, (my Son and i that is). Am hoping there is a write up on this website outlining/detailing the process. I have tried to search before posting this but not getting any hits. Am really hoping if it is on here someone would be so kind as to send my the specific link for it. I would very much appreciate it.

It's really not that hard. The Merc engines are easier than the Rotax engines to get out, and the manual outlines it well. BUT.....

1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Remove the fuel line.
3) Remove the oil lines.
4) Disconnect the umbilical cord. (Starboard side)
5) remove the big hoses going to the mufflers. (waterbox)
6) Disconnect the hose going to the "Pee hole".
7) Take the nuts off the flange mount.
8) lift.

It may be stuck... so whack it with a rubber mallet to break the seal. Also... buy the proper lifting eye that threads into the flywheel. It will make your life easier.

Thanks for that info. What i was really hoping to get detail on was once the engine was out. A write up on moving the the parts from the existing engine to a new "short-block" engine. Mainly as a check list to be sure i don't miss anything.

Meant to add at this point based on what i gather am going to order an engine "short block" from Crowley. If someone has put together details on moving my engine parts to the new engine, Great, if not will proceed on without. Just figured from what i had read here it appears this has been done, just hoped it had been written up for anyone following. Will admit am a little paranoid about missing something in the process. Thanks for all the info provided so far.

I've never seen an actual check list for that. I guess the problem is... each of the types of engines would be different. (Carbs, EFI, DI, different years had different parts too)

I wouldn't worry too much about missing something. If it's on your old engine... and it's not on the new engine... just transfer it. One thing that comes to mind... you may want to ask Crowley if their engine comes with all the gaskets needed. I'm going to assume the bottom adaptor plate (the bottom mount) will have to be moved from your engine, to the new one. It will need a gasket. Also... you will need the gaskets for the EFI parts to go on.

Sorry that wasn't exactly what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back