240 efi jet drive

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken A

I have a 2001 challenger 2000 with a 240hp m2 jet drive engine. I’ve never had any issues until this weekend it will start and immediately stall. It will restart every time and then stall. I have gone through all three fuel pumps and found both electric are running and the third has a new rebuild kit. Just assembled and have the same problem. FYI new fuel this season. I did test supplementing fuel with a hand bulb pump before the lift pump and the motor would idle. It would still stall if throttle up was attempted. Please help

OK... little confused. Will it start and die? OR..... Will it start and idle, and die when the throttle is pushed?

Start then die out the online fuel filter is 90% full. I tried unplugging tether this morning and no luck. Both electric pumps are running. I was able to get it to idle when disconnecting at the check valve and putting it in a 5 gallon gas can but would die when throttle a couple times.

The inline filter can look empty. The fuel is passing, even if there is an air bubble in it.

Did you check the pressure of the second pump? There's a valve on top of the regulator.

I did some more checking. I have 36psi on fuel and it will idle when hold key in start position. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I ordered a used switches so I figured I would try to figure it out. There is a black wire/yellow stripe branching to two wires toward the harness. I cut and exposed the now 3 legs. 1 from switch reads 1 volt with key cranking run 1 of the other 2 read 1 also. The third shows 255-260 volts. Any thoughts?

There's no reason to even try to figure it out. The diagram is in the service manual.

With that said... your boat doesn't generate voltage that high (other than in the CDI and MAG but it's back on the engine) SO, you may want to double check the meter.

I ordered the manual a week ago. Coming from Texas to Michigan. I just wanted to know if it still sounds like the ignition harness. The meter is good and the high voltage was not expected and I don’t understand. I only cut the wires as I expected the switch side to have some wrong. 1 side of the other 2 through me. If you feel the harness is still the culprit I will wait for it to arrive. Thanks for your help

I don't think the harness was the issue... I think the switch was killing the ignition. (It's know to happen)

The black/yellow wire is the kill line. it grounds the CDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back