240 efi cooling question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2001 challenger 2000 with a 240 efi and I just cleaned it up today and hooked it to a hose to get it running.

It started immediately with no issue but I did not see any flow out of the “pee hole”. I shut it off immediately and ran a wooden rod about 20” into the opening and it seemed like some sediment had built up inside. Some mud seemed to drain out but there was still no flow after cleaning from the back of the boat. I do not recall being in shallow or exceptionally muddy water in the previous season and I had no mechanical issues last year.

My question is should I see flow from the “pee hole” on the hose with about 1000 rpms for 1 or 2 minutes max? Will this only put out water at higher rpms and in the water?

If I should see water what is the next suggestion since the opening and the attached hose seem clear for the first 20” from the back of the boat.

Thanks

You should have flow from the pee hole IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH HOSE FLOW.
Bugs like to build in there. You may need to remove the hose from cyl head and clean out from there.

I was able to disconnect the hose at the engine and it looked like some insect larvae were blocking the hose. I cleaned it out with a long wire and then was able to use the hose nozzle to spray water through the hose so I am confident that there is not an obstruction.

I was not able to get any water out of the tell tale opening when I ran it on a hose after clean out so maybe I don’t have sufficient pressure with the hose.

I will try to get it in the water this week. If I take an infrared thermometer what are appropriate temperatures on the engine.

I have not had cooling issues in the past, but I thought I was able to get water out of the tell tale on the hose in the past

Thank you

You shouldn’t have anything coming out of the hole above the rub rail unless you have way too much water pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back