2021 Fish Pro Impeller Boot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremycaff

Hi All. I sucked up a ski rope but managed to free it however the white plastic ring that is part of the impeller boot is now floating on the drive shaft.
I read in a previous post the ring secures boot to prevent water getting into the splines where the impeller connects to the drive shaft, ultimately preventing corrosion.
Couple of questions;
How best to get the ring back onto the boot? I read in a post it can be ‘clicked’ back into place?
The ski was only towed 1/4 mile with the rope still stuck on the drive? How critical is this part in the short term? If the ring will click back into place, would there still be sufficient grease in the splines to not be concerned?
Hoping the jet pump doesn’t need to come out to replace.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Hi All. I sucked up a ski rope but managed to free it however the white plastic ring that is part of the impeller boot is now floating on the drive shaft.
I read in a previous post the ring secures boot to prevent water getting into the splines where the impeller connects to the drive shaft, ultimately preventing corrosion.
Couple of questions;
How best to get the ring back onto the boot? I read in a post it can be ‘clicked’ back into place?
The ski was only towed 1/4 mile with the rope still stuck on the drive? How critical is this part in the short term? If the ring will click back into place, would there still be sufficient grease in the splines to not be concerned?
Hoping the jet pump doesn’t need to come out to replace.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
A a follow up, the white band doesn’t ‘click’ back on. It isn’t possible to get the band over all the rubber.
The boot is intact; anyone have any tricks to getting the band back over the neck of the rubber boot? Really don’t want to take the jet drive off.
Would a tie wrap do the trick or will it unbalance the drive?
TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back