2017 GTI SE130 Pump need rebuild?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

swcar2001

New user, long time lurker, hi all.

I have a 2017 GTI SE130 that i think has pump bearings going out at 77 hours. Seemed a little soon to me I guess, but I heard a whining noise this weekend while riding my wife's ski. Especially at lower rpm. I didnt hear it as much at high rpm getting on the gas. I didnt get a chance to record the sound but it sounds almost exactly like these noises in the two youtubes below:

Would it be reasonable to assume any noise like this would be the bearings in the pump and not something else?

Local dealer told me if that is all that was wrong, its 3 hours labor plus parts. I estimate that will be ~$650-700 in the end. I watched a few videos on how to do the bearings myself. It doesn't seem like all that rough of a job but I will need to get a press and the impeller removal tool plus the parts kit. With that I estimate I'll almost be up to $400. I did find this full pump assembly for sale for almost the same $457:

Security Check

I could go either route for the money, but buying the tools now will let me fix it again down the road. Would it be worth getting the new pump? Is that replacement going to be comparable to OEM quality or should i stay away from something like that?

I had a couple questions about the job. If I'm doing it myself with a press, do i need to actually buy all the specialty press cylinders or can I get by pressing with different sockets that are sized right for each stage? Are there any "while you're tearing in that far, also do this" advice as well? I will assess the wear ring once i have it all apart, but i'm kindof assuming i'll need to do that anyway with 70 hours. Any cautions that i shouldn't try doing this myself? Are there preferred brands or places to get the proper pump rebuild parts kit?

Well certainly thats my plan once i have parts on hand before i go doing work that doesnt need doing.

Anyone know will a 6-ton A-frame press be enough for this job or do you need a 12 ton?

Manual calls for 3 new screws to be purchased for the cone. Assuming this is something to do with scotch locker or whatever applied to them. Is this step necessary? Has anyone just reused the original cone screws without issue?

Sooner or later I'll have a question someone wants to answer, lol.

I do now have all the specialty tools that I could find in the youtubes, how-tos, and manuals, but common tools no one seems to mention what size all the bolts etc, are. I wasn't sure what size sockets, hex, and torx bits are needed during this one. Is there any existing "tools required" list for jet pump work? I have to do all this work far away from home this weekend and It'd be nice to take a subset of my tools with me rather than all of them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back