2017 GTI Boarding Ladder and X-Package Module Install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcongiusta

I Bought my 2017 SeaDoo GTI (900 HO ACE) last September 2017 and put on 13 hours before I had to winterize it for the end of the season. Over the winter I purchased and installed the SeaDoo Boarding Ladder, and X-Package Module so it will be ready for the Summer. I could find very little information on the web about anyone who installed either of these two options. So I thought I would post my experiences in case anyone needs to add the same ladder or x-module.

To Install the x-package, it went very easy, all I did was disconnect my battery and plug the x module into the on-board diagnostic connector. The hardest part was zip tying the module to something stationary so it won't bounce around. I found out that starting in 2017 SeaDoo pre-activated the diagnostic connectors to accept additional modules so that installation is simple plug and play. Prior to 2017 the diagnostic plug required adding a separate cable for power to activate addional SeaDoo modules, but since 2017 that step is eliminated. After plugging the X-Module I reconnected the battery and turned on my ignition and all the additional features were available. The installation is very easy and it also applies to Ski Modules and other modules as well.

To install the ladder all I did was drill the holes through the hull , put on ample amounts of 3M Marine adhesive/sealant 5200 and screwed on the ladder using the screws from the kit. To make things easier for myself, I created a template out of cardboard so that I could align the holes properly. There are no bolts or plates to drill through, for the 2017 GTI.
The hull is 1/2" thick and SeaDoo just instructs you to use the screws provided and also to use the 5200 sealant. I'll try it this summer and let you know if I have any problems with the ladder coming loose or falling off, LOL! Below are some pictures of the ladder I mounted to my GTI.

I hope this information helps other SeaDo GTI owners, and have a great Summer.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 62
  • PWC-BoardingStep.pdf
    408.8 KB · Views: 64
  • PWC-X-Package.pdf
    601.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks for sharing! Did you take any video by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back