2016 RXP-X 300 not turning over / starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

evobyte

Hello,

I was riding my 2016 RXP-X 300 jet ski around 35 to 40 MPH when the power dropped down to 20 MPH... I hit the acceleration / gas quickly as I thought maybe something got stuck in the intake grate. Once I did this the jet ski engine died immediately followed by some smoke from the engine compartment underneath the seat. A buddy towed me back to land where I immediately checked the intake grate which was clear. It also looks like the jet pump is clear from obstruction as well. I am measured 12vdc on my battery and do not believe the battery is weak. I do not have any ECU codes on the SeaDoo display. Right now when I try to start the engine it just cranks and sounds like there is resistant when trying to turn over. The machine has 62 hours on it and was always serviced and always flushed after every ride. The engine oil looks clean and is not dark / burnt or black.

I have attached a youtube video with a description of what I see and hear when I try to start:

If anyone can offer any troubleshooting help and items to check for it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like a weak battery, have it tested. If your battery for sure is good, pull the plugs and crank the motor if there is still too much resistance, I would then guess possible supercharger bearings, pump bearings or engine damage.

I do not have another battery available right now but I left my battery on the battery charger charging at 2 amps trickle charge. I will install late this afternoon and post my results.

4DD61422-D30F-48B2-B1A0-27C1B87E473D.jpeg

I don’t think your problem is electrical because of your original loss of power. You now have to figure out why the ski is struggling to turn over. Pull the plugs and drown crank the motor, it should turn over easier from the loss of compression. Listen for any bad noises around the pump, SC, and motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back