2015 Sea Doo GTR engine louder than usual but runs fine

padymgee

I had my supercharger and jet pump rebuilt 2 years ago (about 70 hours ago).

Recently, my engine sounds louder than usual, and has kind of a metallic/rattling sound to it, but I’m not having any performance issues.

Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? Think it’s the jet pump or supercharger that needs to be rebuilt?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Very expensive if the SC loses a bearing. I would pull it and check it yourself if you know how to do it or bring to someone who does.

Any chance the air intake in or out of the SC is loose?

Very expensive if the SC loses a bearing. I would pull it and check it yourself if you know how to do it or bring to someone who does.

Any chance the air intake in or out of the SC is loose?

Just took it out of the water, and it sounds like it's coming from jet pump. I haven't taken it apart yet.

Do you think it could be as simple as just needing new grease in the jet pump impeller cone? I had jet pump rebuilt 2 years ago (about 70 hours ago). My brother had his rebuilt by the same mechanic 4 years ago, and his ski sounds much quieter then mine still.

Check to see if anything is wrapped around the drive shaft and for interference between the impeller and housing.
If none, I would pull the unit and have it checked if you do not know how to.

Doubt if as simple as putting grease in the nose cone. More than likely there is water inside which damaged the bearings.

Check to see if anything is wrapped around the drive shaft and for interference between the impeller and housing.
If none, I would pull the unit and have it checked if you do not know how to.

Doubt if as simple as putting grease in the nose cone. More than likely there is water inside which damaged the bearings.

Yea i didn't see anything from the intake grate or from the back without taking everything apart.

Was just trying to see if it'd be a simple fix i can do myself, but i don't have a hydraulic press to remove and replace the bearings so just going to pay the mechanic to deal with it.

Thanks for the feedback 🤝

If you reinstall this yourself, heavily coat the end of the drive shaft with a high quality waterproof grease.

If you see rust on the shaft splines, check your drive shaft for rust or pitting in the area of the seal.

Back