1996 Seadoo Bombardier XP Clunk Noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbartlett86

Hey All,

I’m hoping someone can give me a hand as these forums have been extremely helpful in troubleshooting some issues.

I recently purchased a 1996 Seadoo Bombardier XP that was working perfectly. Previous owner took really good care of it. We’ve taken it out 5 times no issues. On the 6th trip, while we had it on the water after riding for about an hour and a half it shut off and wouldn’t turn over. Had to tow it back to the loading dock.

As we been doing all the diagnostics recommended in these forums, this is what we know. The battery is new, has a full charge. The starter solenoid is good. All the circuits are clean and good. Connections everywhere are good.

I checked out the pistons and they look in fantastic shape.

I took the starter off as we thought that was the issue and once we fixed the ground wires for the starter and the Seadoo we checked to make sure the starter works, it did, so we put it back on.

Now when we try to start the Seadoo there is a big clunk sound where the starter is connected. Any ideas as to what my next step should be and what could be causing a clunk sound and the engine not turning?

I’ve tried turning the drive shaft manually and it’s stuck. Absolutely no movement.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Remove the jet pump. Then see if you can turn the driveshaft by hand. Hopefully the pump is locked up and not your motor.

Get ya a harbor freight borescope and remove spark plugs and look and see if you see anything odd. Also try turning it over with plugs out but don't over do it.

22R

Oh boy,,,we have been racing the 96xp for years,,,pull the plugs,,,and unfortunately l bet the rear plug is covered in aluminum, from piston damage/scoring,,,,show some pics,,,let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back