2014 Sea-Doo GTX 155 Storage or lack there of

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman03842

I sold my 2009 Sea-Doo GTX 155 over the winter and picked up a new 2014 Sea-Doo GTX 155. Took it out for a ride last Saturday, and while putting items in the front storage I notice how little room is in the bucket. My danforth anchor will not fit, my cover with a couple of other small items just barely fits.

So the question is

(1) Is there a way of getting more storage in the front (Such as a aftermarket bin that has more room and takes the place of the OEM bin?

(2) What is everyone using for a anchor on the newer S3 hulls?

(3) Would it be safe to put a anchor under the tub in the front, wrapped in a towel?

Thanks,

Greg

For day trips, when I'm not leaving my 2010 GTX unattended, I use a Cooper Anchor. Made in Australia. Made of plastic, weighs2.2 lbs. they are sold in U.S. Check out the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking at the cooper anchor on their website. I take it that you like the cooper anchor and it does a good job on lakes, etc.

Thanks,
Greg

The Cooper anchor does a good job and is safe to put in the ski. They are very common in Australia for the mere fact they are built there. Until recently, they were somewhat hard to come by here in the states.

The Cooper anchor does a good job and is safe to put in the ski. They are very common in Australia for the mere fact they are built there. Until recently, they were somewhat hard to come by here in the states.

Thanks to this thread. Just ordered the Cooper Anchor. Was not impressed with the Kwik-Tek anchor, as I drifted nearly 100 yards on Sunday.

I just received mine and it looks like a nice piece. I am a bit discouraged the stainless steel anchor chain was 44.00 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cooper Anchor I use is the medium, blue one. http://cooperanchors.com/

I have about 3 feet of chain on mine to help.....again I don't leave it completely unattended. For over-night anchoring, which I frequently do I have a Danforth, that measures 26 inches on the "shank".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back