2013 Wake 155 sways back and forth underway

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wisemonkey

I took my brand new 155 out for a ride this Saturday. At about 15 mph or so, the hull started rocking from side to side. It was almost a rhythm. The only way to get rid of it was to speed up or slow down. My first thought was that the engine compartment was flooded and that the weight of the water was sloshing back and forth. I pulled over and the engine compartment was dry.

Other than that, the 155 is amazing. The power is much more than I expected and it seems faster than my Yamaha FX HO. Cruise control is amazing!

Anyone else notice this issue? I would imagine this hull was used on other machines. I did try a search but no luck.

Thanks,

Kevin

The 155 uses a more traditional hull not the new S3 . I doubt it's the hull. Run it for a few hours and see.

Hey Kevin,

I purchased a 2008 155 and brought it back to the dealership thinking that there was something wrong....nope. That's just the 15 mph rhythm. I don't even notice it anymore, but then again, not going 15 mph that often either. :rolleyes:

Jeff

I personally love the concept of the OPAS.

For in harbor slow speed, docking and pulling a rider behind you they have great value.

I personally love the concept of the OPAS.

For in harbor slow speed, docking and pulling a rider behind you they have great value.

I really like the Neutral system on my wake 155. That really came in handy when I was loading it on the trailer. It is also very natural to toggle back and forth with the trigger.

I really like the Neutral system on my wake 155. That really came in handy when I was loading it on the trailer. It is also very natural to toggle back and forth with the trigger.

Same here the neutral is awesome.. I feather it back and forth when trailing also.. Make it soooo much easier as I'm not coming in at 5 mph

The opas I couldn't stand it felt too unpredictable when turning at a decent speed.. (25+) so I went ahead and got the riva block off kit... Absolutely love the handing now wish I went with the hull extenders tho
586.jpg

I have two skis, one with the trigger neutral and one traditional. I ride the traditional one as it is an RXT-X 255 with a SC. I love the ski.

That said, the neutral/brake is a fantastic option on the GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back