2013 Sea-Doo engine issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

diezelraccoon

I have a 2013 Sea-Doo GTX with the 215 super charged 4 stroke Rotax. Today when I was head back into the dock because my low fuel warning came on all of a sudden I felt a knock or thump and the check engine warning came on and I felt a loss of power and it just didn’t have the get up and go anymore. I want to say I saw faint white smoke coming from exhaust. When the engine idles it doesn’t feel or sound right. This thing has less than 100 hours on it. I did a compression test and my worst fear i think came true. The two front cylinders measure between 120 and 125 lbs and the rear holds at 100 lbs. I am guessing now the engine now has to be rebuilt?

Last edited:
Coolant level? Wondering if head gasket blew? Pump out the oil to see if it is milky or a light chocolate color. If so you blew a head gasket. Not a total loss because you can replace a head gasket and do a boil out procedure for the engine. about a $250 fix if you do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back