2012 speedster 150 Bimini top recommendations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANP Canada was the company that made the Bimini tips for the Sea-Doo boats. If you call them and tell them what kind of boat you have they will make an OEM one for you. They make them to order now.

I actually bought it from JM campers but when a part broke they referred me to the manufacturer which is ANP. JM campers stopped selling them.

I’ve been looking for one of these as well, and from what I’ve learned you need to choose the type of frame and fabric that best suits your needs. Aluminum frame is lighter (easier to handle), but is affected by the weather (oxidation? {can’t recall}) more than the stronger stainless steel frames that are heavier and about $100 more. There a bunch of different fabrics too that have different properties for fading, water repellency, UV protection.

There aren’t a ton of options for our boats, but the the sales site that seemed to have the highest quality products is Boat Covers & Bimini Tops for your Boat or Pontoon

This article has some good info on fabrics: Bimini Tops - BoatTech - BoatUS

People caution you to limit your speed while driving with the top up for fear of damage to the top, (and even worse, the boat), and I suspect that the the steel frame may be able to handle more speed.

I haven’t made a decision myself, but I plan on keeping my boat as long as possible, some I’m probably going with a thick Acrylic fabric steel frame. Apparently acrylic needs to be cleaned and re-treated for waterproofing but the pros outweigh the con for me right now...

Ive used mine at wot on a 255hp and never had an issue. It is stainless steel and has never oxidized. I’ve had it for close to 4 years. The material is sunbrella and is water proof. I’ve had it rain while on the water and not gotten wet. The OEM ones from ANP are awesome.

Last edited:
Re incognito: When you say WOT, do you mean WOT at full speed (55-60)? If so, I wonder where the stories from wrecked Biminis come from; maybe they were cheap ones, or aluminum...or maybe the wind factor.

Re santanig5: did you end up getting one from anp? From what I saw from them, they only had custom and no factory equivalents. I’d be curious to see what size/spacing/material you go with.

Re santanig5: did you end up getting one from anp? From what I saw from them, they only had custom and no factory equivalents. I’d be curious to see what size/spacing/material you go with.
Just picked the boat today, going to give it some time before we change it.

Whenever anyone orders make sure to give them the OF number to ANP. The OF number give them the exact one that they need to make for you to guarantee That they make you the OEM one.

Attachments

• 82E07E14-5373-47DE-92ED-C7EE8EA087D7.jpeg
    82E07E14-5373-47DE-92ED-C7EE8EA087D7.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 28
Thanks @ incognito2428. I’m guessing that’s from your 2009. I imagine the dimensions would be largely (if not exactly) the same on a 2012.

By the way, the 62mph you mention, is that you solo on calm water; are you modded? I’ve got the 2012 SCIC, but have topped out at 54mph with 520lbs of occupants. I’ve just begun investigating if this is sub-par for that load.

Sorry for the late response. I missed it. I would call them and ask but I think they are the same.

Last edited:
And yes these are the actual oem ones. JM camper used to sell these online. All of the dealers used to get their OEM tops from ANP.

The rpms fluctuate with temperature of the water. In winter time in Florida I easily get 62. With 4 people I am in the 50’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back