2012 Sea Doo Speedster 150 155hp cluster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvg20

Hello all, new to forum!

I bought a new cluster off of Ebay. My hrs went to all 999s. It was suppose to be calibrated and the seller stated that it would be plug and play. Well I plugged it in last night and it turned over but wouldn't fire up. Also had a check engine light on only after cranking it for 30 seconds. Which I didnt have previous. Also I couldn't get to my compass but it was getting late so I had no time to test my old cluster. Even though I ran it a few days ago. Do I need to marry the cluster to the ecu. Leaders RPM where I bought it says I dont. I know they made the 155hp and 260 that year. Also not sure about a updated part number but the new one doesnt match the old one. When I searched for the old part number it doesnt exist. I'm sure they updated it. Can anyone shed some light on my issue? My appreciated
7f1a629153830858d500183adf4d51e8.jpg

Yah apparently I do. I found a guy local who can do it for 75$. I plugged my old cluster in and it fired up. Now my only concern is that while testing my electric components after putting everything back together. The new display shows 999hrs. Hopefully this can be fixed with the marriage of the ecu or I have another issue. Which then I just blew 500 bucks and back where I started! [emoji2357]

I know. The cluster holds the boat hours and engine ecu hold engine hours. I just thought when I plugged in new cluster it would display zero, not the 999 again. Just as the tech said when he marries the two. The hours dont transfer to cluster from ecu when married. They just read 0. I'm wondering if I had my old cluster remarried it would at least start back at zero to keep maintenance hour log. In other words I may of not needed a new cluster. Just a reflash. Either way I'll find out next week.

For the newer boat clusters from around 2010-2012, hours are only kept on the ECU so your hours will be retained. Older model 4tecs, had hours stored in the cluster and hours stored in the ECU. Your Cluster will also have to be flashed for the 2012 model year boat first, then married to the ECU. Hopefully your tech has BUDS as I've heard there are some issues using Candoo where they can't use BRP software for flashing.

Well when I plugged in the new cluster it read 999hrs but didnt start motor just turned over. I went to my mechanic yesterday and he married the new cluster. The engine starts and ecu reads 102hrs which I had on it. BUT, the new cluster still reads 999hrs. [emoji2369] what can cause this? I plugged in old cluster and still read 999 to and also started boat. Now I have a old and brand new cluster that starts the boat and reads 999hrs.

Needs flashed first and then married as I described above. Without flashing the proper year/model, some features such as hours, rpms, speed, etc may or may not show up properly even though it will run after being married.

Needs flashed first and then married as I described above. Without flashing the proper year/model, some features such as hours, rpms, speed, etc may or may not show up properly even though it will run after being married.
It was suppose to be calibrated/ Flashed when purchased. It was confirmed buy seller it was.

Also if the dash needed to be flashed to go back to 000 why would both clusters have 999 on them. Could I flash my old one and go back to zero. I'm curious because I can return the new dash and get back my money, if it's not the cluster and figure something out. I'm running out of time to ship it back to get my money back. I dont wanna be stuck with this thing.

On the cluster or the ecu? Do you know anyone with the mega tech buds? Is that something a local seadoo dealer would have. I'm just about to ship back the new cluster. I would really like it fixed but I'm 500 into it with same results. I'd rather get my 400 back for the cluster of I have no way to resolve it.

Dealers won't have megatech.

The only reason it's saying 999 is because the cluster is not reading the ECU hours properly. No hours are stored in the cluster on your ski, only ECU. When you married the new cluster to the ECU without the proper flash first, your ECU is now set for that flash so any cluster, including your old one, will read 999 because it hasn't learned to properly display the ECU hours. You will need to start over with the correct flash for your year. Never heard of any dealer supplying a new cluster with a flash already on it especially Leaders since you have to marry anyway.

Can it be possible to reflash and marry my original dash to reset to engine hours? Or do you think its toast and a new one is needed. Cost me a 100 a pop to see this guy so I just want to make know all if any options.

The hours have nothing to do with your cluster. Hours only stored on your ECU.

Clusters, old or new can be reflashed at any time. Not one and done.

Right but if I reflash old or new it will go from 999 to the 102hrs that are on my ecu/ motor. From what I've read in other forums and what my guy said, once married the cluster will just read 000 and start counting as I use it again. I think he was under the assumption that the cluster read 000 from the start. Not knowing it need a flash. As I also stated to him I bought it calibrated and it was suppose to be for my specific boat. I just found this guy. I may have to find someone new or go to the dealership.

Why do you want to reset your hours?
I dont want to reset them. My old cluster jumped to 999 at the end of this year and it doesn't go any higher. I just wanted to keep track of my hours so I bought a new gauge assuming that that was the issue. When he plugged in buds my ecu read 102hrs which was on the boat before the cluster hour meter failed. I dont want to change them. I ju6want my hour meter to work.

For years that the hours are stored on both the cluster and ECU, that is true that a new cluster will read 0 hours. For your year ski, this is not the case. It will read the ECU hours only.

If your hours went from 102 to 999 out the blue, then you most likely have an ecu issue, not a cluster issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back