Repair Dim Sea-Doo 2007 GTI 130 Speedometer Gauge 278002273

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RemieSmith

Has anyone repaired their 2007 GTI 130's dim LCD instrument cluster by cutting it open and replacing the polarizing film? My cluster is the one with two LCD one on both right and left sides, I have seen plenty of videos showing the cluster with the single center LCD but none for my cluster (part number 278002273). I don't want the cut open the cluster unless I'm sure it can be repaired. Thanks

I'm about to do this too, I remember seeing one video where it was done but I lost it in the sea of single cluster tutorials. I didn't find a repair kit for our 2 gauge model, so I plan on buying polarizing film for an iPad and it should be enough for both sides. If I find that video again after work I'll post it for ya. Cheers.

There is no film on that style lcd which is why you won't find anyone replacing them. You can buy a new china made cluster for less than $300 and they seem to be working well.

There is no film on that style lcd which is why you won't find anyone replacing them. You can buy a new china made cluster for less than $300 and they seem to be working well.
Ah gotcha, I'll have to grab a new one then. Wonder if the GTX #270 would work in the GTI, they're a little cheaper at $300. But I found the -273 from a Brazil seller on eBay for ~490 shipped

My digital speed readout is garbled on 2006 RXT. Bar graph speed reads accurately and temp reading is good. Is the gauge bad or just bad connection?

Back