2012 Sea-Doo 230 Wake HO - Handling issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jagsiva

I got a new 230 wake with the HO motors at the beginning of the summer. Used it about 5-6 times, and then our third son was born, so limited use the second half of the summer. It's now off to storage.

Of course, I am disappointed that Sea-doo has dropped boats after I buy their top dog, but that's life. I do like the boat and will keep it at least for the lifetime of the 5 year warranty.

Two issues I want to fix for next season are related to handling. The first is low-speed steering. I have read all about it, and getting the boat in and out of the slip the few times I used it was always entertaining. I have purchased the Cobra fins that are supposed to help. Has anyone tried these on a 230 Wake or Challenger?

Second issue is with with anything over 8-12" of chop, the boat just bounces right out of the water, to the point I am worried the kids might bounce off the back. On calm water, she is absolutely beautiful.

I have read several posts here related to porpoising. From what I understand, it could be related to how the boat is loaded, that is too much weight in the back, so need to level out the front. As I recall, I saw this even with 2-3 adults in the bow. I have also read that you can adjust the trim plate on the back to address this. I will be letting my dealer do this, along with a water test at the beginning of next season, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had this issue with a 230 or Challenger, and what your solutions were.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

The water in my area can chop up too. I thought that my c180 just wasn't as good as other boats in regards to this, however....I went out in a friends 7m boat, renowned for its rough water handling, and honestly it was not much better than mine.
In short, I was used to going 70+kph, so when the chop increases I thought that 55-60 was slow. My friends boat was doing 40kph to keep it comfortable. At that speed mIne is fine is fine in big chop.
However your issue may be something else too. For me I was expecting too much.
By the way, did I hear right. Seadoo aren't making boats anymore??
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back