2012 iS260 start/stop button

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

psubill78

I'm looking at purchasing a used 2012 iS260. I have the 2013 model already and enjoy it.

The start/stop button is pushed in further than it should be - and while it starts now properly - I'd like to replace it. I'm having an issue finding shop manual, and when I look at online parts listings - it doesn't show that soft button, just the trim cluster modules on both sides of handle bar.

Any suggestions?

I just did this on my 2012 GTX 155, and it was super easy. I can't confirm that you would have the same part #, but I had 277001802 for the start/stop and 277001803 for the cruise.

I must be a moron - I can't find those on the parts diagrams. What site do you generally use to find parts...

Also - how did you find directions to take apart the steering area to access it.

I must be a moron - I can't find those on the parts diagrams. What site do you generally use to find parts...

Also - how did you find directions to take apart the steering area to access it.

I didn't get them from here because I wasn't a member here yet, but I found them for yours. I dont have 3 posts yet, so I can't post the link lmao. Look under steering at the site above.

Doing it is easier than you think. You don't have to take anything apart. They are just colored rubber buttons with a larger lip underneath the frame. Use a smaller flathead to pry them out from the outer edge inward, and be careful not to hit the dead middle of it. That's where the actual electrical button is. Insert the new ones.

Watercraft superstore has them. Bought one on eBay from them. Call them and they’ll get you the right part number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back