2012 210 Challenger Add a Battery System Complete !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have the stereo and amp connected directly to the second battery and that is all it powers. I wanted to the leave the factory system alone and just use the new battery for the stereo and it has worked out very well so far.

I have a question about the stereo & amp wiring. Do you have the head unit wired to the auxiliary battery such that it is always receiving power as long as the main switch is on?
In other words, it is no longer affected by the position of the key, just the power switch on the unit itself. & then the amp also always has power but a remote wire from the head unit tells it when to turn on as to not be constantly drawing from that battery when you power off the stereo but leave the main switch in “on” position?

I have stereo and amps wired direct to aux battery. My wiring is 12v constant yellow wire for radio and power for amps go to an added distribution block which runs straight to aux battery. The red 12v switched power for the radio still runs to the rocker switch on the dash. And the amp remote turn on is wired to the radio. I added the add-a-battery dual battery switch and put the accessories(lights and rocker switches) on the 2nd battery post of the switch so nothing touches the starting batteries when docked or anchored etc. When the battery switch is off cannot run the stereo.

I usually leave the battery switch on and combined but flip the rocker switch off on the dash which keeps battery from draining. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back