2012 210 Challenger Add a Battery System Complete !

studiocat13

Water Crafts
Looking to buy a Sea Doo 210 Challenger
OK Guys, late last I finished I stalling a second Deep Cell battery to my 210 Challenger using the Blue Seas Mini Add a Battery Plus system. Took me a while to figure out and complete but I wanted to take my time and make sure it was done properly. This included making custom length cabling for the install with proper connectors and shrink tubing. The system manages the charging of both batteries both during engine run and when at home by connecting it to AC power which is a big plus. It also allows for combing both batteries for emergency start operation. I basically have the system wired to operate all factory power options, minus the stereo via the original start battery and then have the stereo and marine amp running off the new deep cell battery which seems to be working out great so far. If you have any questions like I did please let me know I will be glad to help. BTW, The guys at Blue Seas System were a big help during the install and were always available to help answer questions so kudos to them !

Attachments

studiocat13

Water Crafts
Hey Guys, I have been running the boat every weekend for the past 3 months with this setup and have had zero problems. I run the radio all day with no issues and it starts Everytime ! I went over everything with Blue Sea Systems before purchasing and double-checked everything with them during installation and they were more than helpful. BTW, I custom made all of the cables with Marine grade 4 gauge cable and connectors so yes,.it will certainly handle all starting current draw. Hope this helps !

studiocat13

Water Crafts
With having the amp, did you go with the 120A kit?
No, the 60 amp kit is all you need since this is related to the charging amperage from the stator and not the current draw for the house and stereo system. I double checked with Blue Sea Systems and they confirmed this info for me. Hope this helps !

studiocat13

Water Crafts
Are the accessory posts on the batteries heavy duty enough to handle starting loads?[/QUOTE
Hey Scott, The start battery is actually connected just as it was from the factory. All I did on that side was add a fuse and cable from the charge regulator. I have been running the entire system all summer and have had zero issues ! Hope this helps.

WRussell

Water Crafts
2010 seadoo speedster
When you added your second battery did you move anything over to that battery? Stereo, Amp, etc..? I’m curious because I’m about to do the same and I’m going to run the Amp off the second battery. But if I’m using the mini add a battery plus and I have the boat turned off listening to music sitting on the lake won’t the relay open and disconnect the starting battery in return shutting off the stereo?

briancayko

Water Crafts
2010 210 Challenger SE 310HP (twin 155's)
How did you mount the second battery tray? Looks like it is screwed to a board & is that base plate board just screwed into the fiberglass or something else?

WRussell

Water Crafts
2010 seadoo speedster
So the tray is mounted to the same holes that the original tray was into, here is a pick of the bottom of the tray I made, in the pic with just the green tray you can see the 8 original holes drilled

Attachments

studiocat13

Water Crafts
When you added your second battery did you move anything over to that battery? Stereo, Amp, etc..? I’m curious because I’m about to do the same and I’m going to run the Amp off the second battery. But if I’m using the mini add a battery plus and I have the boat turned off listening to music sitting on the lake won’t the relay open and disconnect the starting battery in return shutting off the stereo?
Yes, I have the stereo and amp connected directly to the second battery and that is all it powers. I wanted to the leave the factory system alone and just use the new battery for the stereo and it has worked out very well so far.

briancayko

Water Crafts
2010 210 Challenger SE 310HP (twin 155's)
What Battery are you all using with the dual battery (house/stereo battery setup)?

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member