2011 Seadoo Wake 155 - IBR Module Error - Limp mode, won't go over 5,000rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish1

My son took our 2011 Seadoo Wake out with a buddy and ran over a light patch of weeds by mistake. It bogged the engine and was limping along. He tried to gun it to work the weeds through (which he has done in the past when this happens), but this time he couldn't get it running right. It then went into limp mode showing the error "IBR Module Error" an it wouldn't go over 5,000rpm's (will quickly get up to 5,000rpm's, then hold there). I tried turning it off, letting it cool down, then trying again. This didn't do anything. I'm still getting the "IBR Module Error" message and it won't go over 5,000rpm's.

Is there anything you would suggest someone that's not extremely handy (me) could try to get this working again without needing to take it anywhere?

Thanks in advance!!!

Inspect the intake, drive shaft, impeller and the IBR system. Could be weeds wrapped up in there. If it is running hot, there are weeds for sure.

It's still in the water. I got in the water and made sure the intake grate is completely free from any obstructions. I'm assuming the weeds that jammed it up in the first place worked through while my son was giving it throttle. We can normally just give it a little throttle and the weeds will work through and the seadoo will run fine after that. This time, I still think the weeds ran through, but the seadoo went into a limp mode and is showing that "IBR Module Error" and will not let the seadoo switch into normal driving mode.

If there is still something clogging it up, it is further inside the system than the intake grate as I can't feel anything even reaching through the grate for any obstructions.

Is there a way to reset the system and get it out of the "IBR Module Error" state it's currently in? Would that allow the engine to enter a normal driving mode?

It's still in the water. I got in the water and made sure the intake grate is completely free from any obstructions. I'm assuming the weeds that jammed it up in the first place worked through while my son was giving it throttle. We can normally just give it a little throttle and the weeds will work through and the seadoo will run fine after that. This time, I still think the weeds ran through, but the seadoo went into a limp mode and is showing that "IBR Module Error" and will not let the seadoo switch into normal driving mode.

If there is still something clogging it up, it is further inside the system than the intake grate as I can't feel anything even reaching through the grate for any obstructions.

Is there a way to reset the system and get it out of the "IBR Module Error" state it's currently in? Would that allow the engine to enter a normal driving mode?

You would need a RIVA or CanDoo diagnostic kit to reset the error. You need to take it out of the water, check that everything is cleared out of both the jet and the iBR and it should go back to normal. use the IBR override to help your inspection.

This happened to me recently, believe it our not, charging the battery with a battery tender jr. overnight also affected it for some reason.

There is a forum on the iBR module errors in here somewhere as well.

Thanks jasonstewart, but I'm hoping it'll be much cheaper to have this fixed than the cost of one of those items. The RIVA from the link is almost a $1,000, and the CanDoo is $400. If there's nothing I can do on my end without one of these tools, I would really hope the cost would be quite a bit less to bring it to someone that can fix/reset things.

I'm assuming there's nothing I can do that could reset the system? Looks like I'll need to bite the bullet and spend the time/hassle bringing it to a place that can take care of this.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back