2010 vs 2011 Speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkseadoo

I'm looking for info regarding 2010 vs 2011 model. The only difference I can find is that there is a neutral lock on the 2011 model. Other than that. They are IDENTICAL. The dealer is offering a good price on the 2010. Am I missing something? Any info good or bad, any regets? from 2010 owners would be appreciated. THANKS

I have a 2010 Speedster 150 w/ 155hp engine.. No regrets here.. I love this boat so far.. The ONLY regret, if you want to call it that, is not spending the little extra for the bigger motor.. Don't get me wrong.. The 155hp is plenty fun for what i do which is just cruising around.. I still get to hop some nice waves and all but obviously you always want something bigger lol.. But it is a fun boat and I don't think you can go wrong at all no matter what engine you go with.. The only other regret is I wish I had more room to bring on more people... It always seems like there is 5 or 6 or us.. I am thinking of getting a cheap ski just so we can trailer both otu and everyone can be out on the water at the same time.. I think my next boat will be the Speedster 200... But thats not for a few years.. Still have a warranty on this till 2014..

Thanks for the input. I also thought about going with the bigger motor. Doing the research, I was surprised that the bigger motor requires higher octane fuel. Also I've been seeing alot of complaints & problems with the SC @ about 100 hrs. $$$$ repairs seem to be the norm. Not what I'm interested in at this point.
I am primarily looking to cruise, and pull the kids around tubing/skiing. Are you aware of any differences from the 2010 to the 2011? For the price difference the dealer is quoting me, I feel like I must be missing something other than the neutral lock on the 2011.

Thanks Again

Looking over the specs it doesnt appear that there any differences... Everything looks to be the same as what I have.. What are you referring to by Neutral Lock out?? And yes.. That was the main reason I did not go with the bigger motors.. The idea of every 100hrs having to have the supercharger rebuilt and I also heard of problems with the super chargers.. But it is on a case by case basis.. I have talked with some guys who said they had never had a problem while others say they have.. So its a flip of the coin I guess.. Being my first boat or any water craft for that matter I figured the 155hp would be plenty and honestly it is more then enough.. I get her up to around 50 on good days and that is plenty.. especially when you are hitting waves and whatnot.. But I am curious on the neutral lock out.. If you mean that you can't start it unless its in neutral then the 2010 has that.. Also you cant give it gas while its in neutral..

I've compared the pamplets, specs, tech data etc. on the 2 models. the ONLY difference noted is " neutral lock* " the * states "new for 2011". So I'm not totally sure what it means. I'm aware of the no start unless it's in neutral. I'm just confused if it is a different lock out or what exactly it means. Again for the price difference, I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

THANKS

From my understand the "neutral lock" is suppose to address the dreaded issue of the boats never truly being in neutral. With that feature the boat is actually in a neutral position and doesnt creep around like the rest of us are use to. In my opinion, if you are getting a good deal on a 2010, go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back