2010 speedster 150 speedo sucks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vetteman9368

Its a 155hp and the speedo never reads over 29mph. Had it in for service and they said it works properly. I know the boat runs faster than 29 mph

the problem is the pick up wheel at the left rear of the boat, it is too low in the water. it is slightly adjustable with a few screws you can loosen and move unit up. if you feel under boat the bottom of pick up wheel should not stick out past bottom of hull. it causes turbulance and wheel wont turn fast enough and you get a low reading. i took a file and filed off bottom untill flush with bottom of hull. my speedo read very slow and that fixed it, hopes this helps.

Use a gps to get a more accurate reading and see if the adjustments are helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you for a fact something is not right.. I have had mine (2010 w/ 155hp) up to 60.. At full throttle I usually am in the upper 50's and thats with a full boat at about 700lbs not including gear...

I can tell you for a fact something is not right.. I have had mine (2010 w/ 155hp) up to 60.. At full throttle I usually am in the upper 50's and thats with a full boat at about 700lbs not including gear...

60 mph according to a dodgie wheel that spins in the water. I have the 155hp too, real GPS speed has never seen the boat go faster than around 48-49 mph, maybe 50 with a rear wind and favourable current... My experience of the boat's speedo is that it's about 20% inaccurate against the GPS.

Agreed with the inaccuracy of the speedo. I use a GPS most of the time as I wakeboard behind mine and need it to be accurate. That is interesting about the adjustment of the wheel. I will have to try that as mine reads slow too. I really didn;t think too much of it though as they are almost always off by at least 10% or so. I will try the adjustment this weekend.

yea its not just adjusting the mount but making sure the mount isnt in the water line below the hull it causes turbulance. my dealer showed me this and it made the speedo almost accurate completely when compared to gps. and yea a 155 wont do 60 with a full load or otherwise.

I could not get my Speedo wheel to adjust. I removed all screws. It seemed to either be stuck or glued to the hull. I am not overly concerned though, as my GPS is with me most of the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back