2010 RXP-255 engine swap PTO question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

A_Bred

In short I have gone through a few motors as some may know if you have seen my other posts. My last motor ( I was pretty much lied to about the hours on it or condition). Long story short - 60 PSI at best on compression won't go about 45 - motors done which was a dreaded SBT motor.

So after some searching have found yet another used motor (from the owner of the shop I use). And for a little humor my machine now has the name on the back ---- Named --- " MO MONEY "

He says 110 hours on the motor with good compression. I will work out the details if I decide to buy it and put it in. Can maybe have it in the water again in Aug.

One issue - The PTO. I don't think its an issue but asking if anyone has an opinion.

My original PTO has the crank sensor at 7 O'clock, and the one that was (or is) on the motor he has is at 12 O'clock. --- It is my understanding that I just need to put the PTO from my machine on the motor so the sensor position is still at 7 O'clock position. -- This is on the physical PTO housing.

I would think my electronics are set up to match the position of my PTO.

Once again any thoughts appreciated.

Yes, you have to use the old pto housing from the 2002-2006 engine. You also have to drill a vent hole in the block behind the cb gear if you are using the newer TOPS system. Make sure the engine is from a 215 machine as they have forged pistons. and different compression ratios.

Thanks Ski-Doo.

I thought I would be able to use it. A couple notes I have an RXP-255 - 2010.

So I think both my motor and the new one are from the same year as mine (maybe a little newer). So my tops system as well as the one from this new motor should be the same. But I will confirm a few specs on this before I buy the motor and do the swap.

If he has a motor with the crank sensor at 12 o'clock, it's from 2002-2006 and could be a 130, 155, 185, or a 215.

Back