2010 challenger 210 with twin 155hp no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capemech

Premium Member
Premium Member
ok here goes have a intermittent no start. first bypassed safety shut off not recommended. then bypassed neutral switch not recommended. while working on the boat got it started a few times and thought it was fixed until i put it back in the water and surprise NO START! it seems to be a bad connection somewhere. this last time out at the dock when i turned the key on the starboard engine hours meter would not come on this means no start for either engine however with the key on i could jumpstart the port engine. so off we went boating with one engine. a few minutes later the starboard engine hour meter lit up, i stopped and now it started. went to a restaurant and boat functioned normally . any ideas??

ok here goes have a intermittent no start. first bypassed safety shut off not recommended. then bypassed neutral switch not recommended. while working on the boat got it started a few times and thought it was fixed until i put it back in the water and surprise NO START! it seems to be a bad connection somewhere. this last time out at the dock when i turned the key on the starboard engine hours meter would not come on this means no start for either engine however with the key on i could jumpstart the port engine. so off we went boating with one engine. a few minutes later the starboard engine hour meter lit up, i stopped and now it started. went to a restaurant and boat functioned normally . any ideas??

okay well I'm hoping this is the best part of me posting this hopefully I can help some other people out I didn't get enough responses to do anything but I did some research and it said to check all the electrical connections which I did still didn't get anywhere I was able to fix the boat okay so I was aggravated I really never did find a good wiring schematic upon checking the boat out when the key was on the port side engine that I wasn't having trouble with the fuse box was hot every fuse was hot with the key on the other thing you need to know is evidently the start signal which is your to starting buttons will not have any power at the starboard engine fuse box does not fire up so what I found there's a relay in a little compartment right next to the fuse box that relay was bad in other words it needs power to it the computer can't Get power obviously it can't talk on the bus Network

Wait, you drove with only one engine on? It seems either your ignition system wasn't turning on the starboard ECMs until you forced the engine to turn over. With the keys out, do either of the hour meters stay on?

i di d not put all the details i guess. i had to jump the solenoid to start the port engine with the key on. the starboard engine would not start even when i jumped the solenoid. i still dont have a electrical diagram, i am asuming the starboard engine fuse box powers up both starter solenoids. i also fiqure that why the starboard engine would not start when jumped.

sorry neither hour meter stayed on with the key off,just the starboard engine hour would not light when i was having the problem

Also if your hour light stayed on with the key off i would guess that the power up relay next to the fuse box is possibly stuck on.

Ok i have used the boat 3 times to verify the fix. it is great when in doubt change both relays a 10 dollar part. also strangley enough something made the boat happy because it is going into sync mode more easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back