2010 Challenger 210 - motor sync

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rshakir

My motors don't seem to be synced...and when I tried syncing mode it told me that SYNC was activated ans stiil the SYNC light in the right tachometer didn't come on. Also the starboard engine is turning at about 400 RPMs higher than port engine causing the boat to pull slightly. I just dropped the boat off to the seadoo dealer for its 10hr service. Is this acommon problem easy to fix?

2010 210 Challenger - Engine Sync

Need to understand when you say fixed, do you see the sync light on all the time? 90% of the time? or? Also, are your engines running the same rpm. Here's why I ask (copy from other similar post). SeaDoo tech rep not concerned with less than 40% of time engines in sync, or port engine being sluggish ~200 rpm difference. A bit more info..

My situation starts similar to original post. Recently picked up at 2010 210 challenger. Took about 5 months for local dealer to find a Beige boat from another dealer willing to give one up. Appears like a January 2010 build. I find myself having similar problem. Engines in sync less than 40% of time. Boat pulling to port. Had to fight the steering wheel a bit to keep it straight. Also noticed port engine running 200-400 rpm's less and engine sync coming on occasionally. Took boat back to dealer. They contacted SeaDoo tech support. Got boat back, still turning to port (not as bad as before). Noticed port engine ~200 rpm less and still somewhat sluggish. Engine sync light coming on less than 40% of time even when cruising. Looks like I'm still having problem. SeaDoo tech rep told dealer tech that they weren't concerned with 200 rpm difference. Of course the SeaDoo tech didn't shell out over $43K for a boat that's supposed to have computerized throttle sync and specific sync indicator to tell you it's working.

Makes me wonder when folks in this post said they brought it back for service and it's fixed, I'd like to know what fixed is? Are you seeing sync light less than 40% of time and engines off by 200 rpm when not in sync?

At this point, I need to know if I'm chasing ghosts and if my expectations are too high regarding a boat that has a marketing selling point where boat is supposed to electronically monitor to sync engines. Should this only work less than 40% of the time? And, if 200 rpm difference is still considered sync'd, then why doesn't programming say it's sync'd and the light come on. Maybe I'm just thinking too logical, or maybe the SeaDoo rep is giving my dealer the run-around.

I understand the older twins without sync logic could be off a couple hundred rpm or so, but I tried to avoid that by purchasing a boat that's touted to have engine sync and further have a specific indicator to say it's in sync.
I appologize if I seem to be on a rant, but really need to understand from the folks who had the problem and they've said it's resolved. What should I expect to see. Appreciate in advance your responses. Thank you.

Anyone know what may cause the sync to not function regularly? It only seems to work about 10% of the time this season where last season it was much more consistent. The inconsistency leaves about a 500 rpm difference in engine RPM... Thoughts??? Help???

I have a candoo if this will help diagnose and/or solve the issue. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back