2010 Challenger 210 Bilge Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder7892

Can someone educated me on the bilge pump that is in the 2010 Challenger 210? It appears to be buried under the starboard exhaust and I was hoping to get some info on it before I remove the exhaust. It was working fine until the last time I went to put it in the water and the pump kicked on while backing the boat down the launch ramp. Once it pumped out all of the water in the bilge (less than half a gallon from the previous evenings rain) it continued to run. I am not sure what type of auto sensing switch it uses but it appears that it is stuck in the on position and the only way I could get it to turn off was to unplug it.

Thanks!

Can someone educated me on the bilge pump that is in the 2010 Challenger 210? It appears to be buried under the starboard exhaust and I was hoping to get some info on it before I remove the exhaust. It was working fine until the last time I went to put it in the water and the pump kicked on while backing the boat down the launch ramp. Once it pumped out all of the water in the bilge (less than half a gallon from the previous evenings rain) it continued to run. I am not sure what type of auto sensing switch it uses but it appears that it is stuck in the on position and the only way I could get it to turn off was to unplug it.

Thanks!

I would pull the drain plug, and spray a strong stream of water through it into the boat. You can see the bilge pump through the drain plug. That will hopefully dislodge the debris. The rinse the bilge put well to get any debris out of the bilge.

I always leave the drain plug out unless the boat is in the water.

I wonder if Scrubbing Bubbles would clean a bilge pump since that’s where soapy water ends up when you clean the cockpit or bilge areas.

I had a similar issue on our 2012. Once I removed the air intake, it gave me enough room to lay on the top of the motor to access the pump. I believe it's 2 wire connections, a couple of rubber straps, and 2 10mm bolts and the intake is off.

Should take less than a couple of minutes to remove and reach down to the pump.

This style pump has the tray/screen fastened to the fiberglass and the pump housing just unsnaps from it, correct?

I have a similar issue, and would appreciate any help or advice. I've searched inside the bilge for my bilge pump, and following the hoses, it appears to be down under the starboard engine. My boat is a 96 Speedster, twin engine. Is there any easy way of getting access to the pump? Even after tracing the exhaust hose I can't seem to reach it down there. When I turn on the manual bilge switch, the pump works to pump water out of the bilge. But otherwise, it doesn't seem to be running. Any recommendations or advise how to:
a) access the bilge pump
b) access the separate float switch
Thanks

@Spyder7892 I just had this same issue.... reach down (it is not comfortable and sweep around for debris. Grab your garden hose and just flood the area by the bilge to see if it will pump and stop.... Mine kept running so I grabbed the discharge hose and shook it violently for a few seconds..... Something came loose and shot out the discharge (outside of the boat). I flooded it again and it pumped fine and shut off. I did this two or three times and the pump is fine.

If it is like my 150 speedster, it is a Rule Mate RM500. Like mentioned it is a 2 part pump assay with the basket riveted to the hull and you can depress the sides to snap the pump out.

It is water sensing as there is no float switch. Basically there is a point on the plastic if water touches it the pump comes on. It will always run for a specific period regardless of how much water is there. I think it is 2 mins but could be wrong.

I thought mine was bad for the same reasons but I went through the PITA process of removing it. I determined it was working as designed.

Removing it is a ______, because mine is attached right next to a bulkhead so depressing one side of the tabs is tough. I ended up sticking a screw driver in it to release it.

Because mine is riveted to the floor, if I was to replace it, I would buy another RM500 and just swap out the assay in the current basket.

Thanks!
Hello, I have a Challenger 210 and the bilge pump works but will only start when manually turned on . Where is the float switch that turns it on automatically?

Hello, I have a Challenger 210 and the bilge pump works but will only start when manually turned on . Where is the float switch that turns it on automatically?
Float switch is built into the base of the pump inside the screened in mount so it’s inaccessible. I would follow the guidance above where you flush the area. Chances are debris is in there and affecting it.

I replaced mine back in 2017 with an aftermarket one. It was on of the worst jobs I have ever had to do. Just not a lot of room for us big guys.

Whatever one you choose go with the auto sensing. Much better design than a float. It does kick on for a split second every 2.5min. The current draw is .250 miliamps per day if not flowing water. I only mention this because the auto sensing threw me off at first (didnt realize what i bought) on why it was running every 2.5 mins. It is autosensing motor current based on flow. No flow, no current increase thus it shuts down. Once it senses flow the motor will draw more than .25amps and it will continue to pump out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back