2009 wake pro 215hp won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinton

Was out pulling skier and they fell. I stopped the engine to help them get on the back of the seadoo. It would not start back up. Nothing abnormal happened. I pulled the key off and put it back on. It beeped like the key was not connected properly (trim flashed at different level than it was at and gas showed full but only 3/4 of tank before). I took the key off and put back on and it beeped like it normally does and still won't start. It does click when I press the start button but that is it.

Anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure the battery has a full charge don't charge while it connected to the ski but sounds like a starter solenoid Jump the stater and see If it cranks

Kozerxp - thanks it was the solenoid! I ended up taking it to where I bought it from as it was still underwarranty. They said the solenoid was open. Is it possible for this to open by itself? Or did the mechanic leave it open. A couple weeks ago a mechanic did have to flush the water out of it. This is just a curiosity thing. I hope you can help!

Did they replace it or just "fixed" it.

It's not a part that we can't open/close at will.

Sometimes the solenoid will stick open or closed. If happens again try tapping it lightly with a hammer or screwdriver. it's best to replace it.

I have not picked it up yet. I just spoke to the front desk person (not the mechanic). I will ask if they replaced it or fixed it. It sounded like they just fixed it. How much are they to replace (approx.?) How can it get open in the first place?

"Open" is a electrical term use to say there's no connection the solenoid is bad they will not fix it they will just replace it as for how it went bad if you got alot of water in the hull that could have caused it but things do go bad so it's not a surprise that electrical parts go bad in a ski when they are Lways subject to harsh environment so good luck at least it was under warranty

Picture of relay/solenoid

15-100-07t starter solenoid.jpg

$32.95 or thereabouts.

Looking at solenoid with the plug down,(flip it in picture) cable to Starter is at 3 o'clock, power in from battery and red rings wires at 9 o'clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back