2009 RXT IS IBR Actuator issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickname

I have a 2009 RXT IS. I tried to go out last week and when I started it in my driveway the IBR light flashed on and then went off. I thought nothing of it because the IBR worked fine. I started it again on the ramp and the IBR light stayed on and the check engine came on along with it. It gave me the codes

P1661 - iBR malfunction, iBR fault detected by ECM

C2102 - Actuator movement, The reverse gate cannot move to the desired position. (stuck or motor open)

I looked for the part number for the IBR actuator for the 2009 RXT and everywhere I look the part is not avaliable. (P/N is 278002321).

I was wondering if P/N 278002846 is the same part that would fit into the machine

Do a search. I've helped out several people with this issue. Unfortunately, the 2009-10 ibr units are prone to failure. Seadoo made a kit to update to the newer more reliable system but it isn't cheap.

Kind of suffering from same thing as of today. IBR light came on a few times (but works) and eventually check engine came on and it went limp. Re-starting worked for a while then it came back. Kicker is this stupid boat isn't offering fault codes, Mode button only cycles through 4 choices, the 5th (fault codes) doesn't show up and same year and machine..

Did the new IBR unit resolve your issue or did it end up being something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back