2009 RXT 255 iS main power relay not working to start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdian

Hi,
I have trouble with my PWC. I have 2009 RXT 255 iS that i could not start its engine.
After opening fuse box, one of boxes contains some water in the box and many of fuses have oxide on fuse connections. I clean the whole box properly.
But after all of these things, when i connect the D.E.S.S or clicking the Power Switch, nothing happened on gauge and i could not start the engine.

After some investigation on this forum and other websites on the net, i found the source of problem. The main power relay not works normally. when i manually short connectors on bottom of relay, my PWC could start. But when power relay installed, it not works! I replace the power relay with a new Power Relay, but i found that the relay not triggered normally to relay the main Power!

please help...

So the relay went bad, you replaced it, and it still doesn't work? That's a difficult issue. I would recommend checking the fuses one last time. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Hi,
I have trouble with my PWC. I have 2009 RXT 255 iS that i could not start its engine.
After opening fuse box, one of boxes contains some water in the box and many of fuses have oxide on fuse connections. I clean the whole box properly.
But after all of these things, when i connect the D.E.S.S or clicking the Power Switch, nothing happened on gauge and i could not start the engine.

After some investigation on this forum and other websites on the net, i found the source of problem. The main power relay not works normally. when i manually short connectors on bottom of relay, my PWC could start. But when power relay installed, it not works! I replace the power relay with a new Power Relay, but i found that the relay not triggered normally to relay the main Power!

please help...

Thank you for your reply,
My problem still exist after checking all fuses in the fuse box! When i disconnecting and reconnecting the main battery cable, the power will back and i can start the engine. but the power and engine will be shutdown after few seconds even gauge's RPM and Speed freezes on previous state!

Thank you for your reply,
My problem still exist after checking all fuses in the fuse box! When i disconnecting and reconnecting the main battery cable, the power will back and i can start the engine. but the power and engine will be shutdown after few seconds even gauge's RPM and Speed freezes on previous state!

I doubt that your original relay is defective. I would speculate that,,, whatever feeds the relay is. Thus, having the same issue with either part (new or original).

I need to pull the wire schematic to see what feeds what, but I'm betting this is your issue. I would go back to the e-box again and do a SUPER GOOD job at cleaning it and in particular the ground. A poor ground is the single most common on our skis...

I doubt that your original relay is defective. I would speculate that,,, whatever feeds the relay is. Thus, having the same issue with either part (new or original).

I need to pull the wire schematic to see what feeds what, but I'm betting this is your issue. I would go back to the e-box again and do a SUPER GOOD job at cleaning it and in particular the ground. A poor ground is the single most common on our skis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back